what “social justice” should be:
- spreading awareness of issues affecting specific groups of people in society
what “social justice” somehow ended up being:
- shaming or generalizing anyone who has a different opinion than you
- calling people “scum” and telling them to “go die”
- calling people uneducated, then refusing to educate them
- acting like a self-righteous “moral authority” and expecting people to praise you up for it
- having a bitter, angry outlook on the world
- looking for “casual-‘isms’” in insignificant everyday things
- nitpicking the media to find ridiculous new reasons to be offended
- invalidating someone else’s negative experiences on the basis of “privilege”
- playing “Oppression Olympics”
- claiming to be against discrimination, then continuing to discriminate others
- claiming to speak for specific people who never actually wanted your help in the first place
- misc. hypocrisy/bigotry
Tumblr doesn’t love minorities, they love their kind of minority.
Tumblr doesn’t love women, they love their kind of women.
Tumblr doesn’t love LGBTQ they love their kind of LGBTQ.
The minute you deviate from the way they want you to think, feel, and act, you’re as worthless to them as all the “bigots” they claim to hate. Tumblr is not an accepting place.
Over and under, I’ll dissolve and use charm as my cover. Left over right, walk a careful line between you and the outside. There is confidence and delusion. I reside between that confusion. It’s a misstep down a black hole. It’s a long way down and a mouthful. So overcome and become one. Over and under we learn to grow and we learn to recover. Over and out, I’ll play the card that holds me in less doubt. There’s promiscuity and devotion. Only one fulfills an emotion. It’s a big step to end a yearning. It’s accepting love but I’m learning to overcome and become one. I’ll find my way and follow through and maybe there I’ll meet you.